Monday, May 19, 2008

Flower Bed

We were finally able to plant some flowers this weekend. YEAH!! Anthony worked really hard helping me get the rocks set and getting some good 'ole black dirt. We have so many rocks that we had to get a load of topsoil to fill it in. We had a lot of fun though. Kary and Martha (my in-laws) helped us alot by using their truck to haul it and then helping us unload it one shovel full at a time. It was a really busy day, so I didn't get a lot of pictures. Here is the mostly finished flower bed...we still have a little work to do.
Alexa after she had put a handful of dirt in her mouth...ugh! I guess that's how they learn :-)

10 comments:

NatalieJo said...

Adrian! This is so beautiful!!
I love it, you guys did a great job.
Looks like it was done by pros!! :)
Like the old bench on your porch too...it that new :)(to you I mean!)

The Arender's said...

Thank you! It is better than it was. The bench is new to me. I bought it at a garage sale for $5.00. We bought some paint to fix it up, but haven't got around to that yet. I have been working on garage sale stuff today....I am getting rid of nearly half my closet!

Jodi said...

I love your home. flowers are so fun! i can't wait to plant some when we move into our new place...until then, i'll enjoy yours!!

NatalieJo said...

That might give Alexa a stomach ache :)
That was real funny.
Love Siah

Jana said...

Your work looks great!! Those rocks are hard to get straight, I know that from experience---Your's look wonderful!! I just love getting out and doing stuff like that--Fun, Fun!!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa says- look at that tongue - It's way out there!! Your house is looking beautiful. Its amazing how flowers and little extra touches can give such a warm, cared for look to a house. We love you guys - need to be closer to add to your sale!!! Grandma Vashti

Anonymous said...

P.S. Love the bench and the patriotic lawn chair(-: Mom

Andy said...

Love the tongue pic. She's SO cute!

Misty said...

Love the picture of her eating the dirt! I wish we could get flowers to grow!

Brenda said...

Cute! I love the picture of Alexa eating the dirt too. Your house and the flowers are beautiful.