
Well, Alexa turned 18 months on Sunday, which is a milestone. But she made us really happy when she FINALLY slept ALL NIGHT in her OWN BED. She has always slept with us. She has almost always has gone to bed when we go to bed, and got up when I got up. I finally decided to try putting her crib in our room to see how she would do that way. So Monday night, we let her cry herself to sleep, but she ended up in our bed. So, long story short, last night I laid her in her bed and she made nary a whimper. She went right to sleep and when she woke up I would just pat her and cover her back up. She went right back to sleep both times she woke up. This is such a huge blessing! I just thought I would share the good news. I know my mom will be thrilled to know this.This picture is from Sunday...Alexa was a very tired little girl.


6 comments:
So happy for you. From one mother to another---this is a REALLY exciting thing!! :-) Khara was 2 before she slept all night-uggh! I'm hoping Karson will be 4 months when he starts. ;-)
Adrian!!! I am so excited for you. I know this is a huge blessing to you, and I'm sure you are going to get a better nights sleep yourself soon!! Alexa looks like an angel in that picture with the teddy bear. Was so good to have ya'll here. Lots of Love!!
Yay!! Can't wait until Chloe does that. *sigh*
Yes, that is HUGE! Congratulations on working up the courage! :>)
I have been spoiled so I don't know what you guys have been through, but I can imagine how exciting it must be. I am so happy for you. She is adorable and I have to agree with Natalie about her looking like an angel in that picture. It was nice to see you guys we need to all go away together again sometime :)
It is a wonderful feeling to get a full night sleep (once you get over the panic of "are they still breathing!) Karissa was stilling crawling in our bed at 2+, I finally convinced her to lay on a quilt by our bed. She still is my cuddlebug and will come in many mornings and ask "Did Daddy go to work already?" and crawl into our bed.
Kathryn decided at 7 months she didn't want to sleep in our room any more, just get up and play (and crawled off the bed at 4 am!!) but still didn't sleep all night until 13 months.
Sorry so long, just want you to know it is "normal" whatever that is!! :-)
Misty
Post a Comment