Monday, October 27, 2008

An Update...Finally!

Alexa singing with her cousins at church...and in motion as always. We had a busy, enjoyable summer. Our garden produced fairly well and we always enjoy the fresh vegetable. Corn is one of our favorites and Alexa enjoyed her share of it as well. We were able to put up corn, green beans, some homeade taco sauce, and pink-eye purple-hull peas.
Playing at the park with daddy on the swing-set.

With cousins at Silver Dollar City Waterpark.

Recently we enjoyed a bon-fire with friends and family. It was a LOT of fun. I love the Fall . It is my favorite season, so I thought I would make a list of things I enjoy about it.

Things I like about Fall


Colors on the trees

Brisk, windy weather

A hot drink to hold when my hands are cold

Bundling up in warm clothes

Warming up beside a bon-fire

That inexplicable feeling of expectation in the air

Pumpkins, haybales, and mums

Candycorn, spiced cider, and pumpkin rolls ;-)

Roasted marshmellows and hot chocolate

Parties with friends and family

And I love holding Alexa close when she is cold and the feel of her little arms around my neck.
I thought this tree was beautiful. I wish they all looked as brilliant...

7 comments:

Leah said...

What a surprise when I saw a different title than decorating at the top of your page! So glad you all are doing well. Alexa is just getting so big.

Wayne said...

Hey guys just wanted to say you have a great blog page and I love this picture the colours are amaizing and the one with the baby on the quad bike was very funny

Misty said...

Welcome back to blogland :-) Do you have internet at home now? Melissa says you all are coming for Thanksgiving....looking forward to seeing you again! I think Alexa and Kathryn may be too of a kind, always on the go! (we can blame it on their daddies I guess!)

Anonymous said...

So glad you updated!! Love the pics and I whole-hearted agree with your 'things you love about fall' -It was wonderful having you here!! Lots of love - Mom P.S. I still have to post anonymous til I learn how to be an official blogger - now that I have my blog!! (-:

Robyn Huff said...

So glad to see the update! I am looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving; we'll have to make a point to get together if we can!

I've enjoyed chatting on the phone lately!

CALISTA said...

Love the update and the pictures! I love fall, and enjoyed reading your list of reasons why you love this time of year too.

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS post!:) Fall is my favorite season, as well! Haven't gotten to enjoy the "real deal" for awhile ~ that's Florida for ya! Take care, Ruthanne